Please confirm that you are running V11 GA (build 184.108.40.2067) of any earlier patch level prior to installing this update. You can check this under Help | About in the backup console. After upgrade, your build number will be 220.127.116.117 P20210525.
This cumulative patch includes the following new features, enhancements and fixes for the original V11 GA builds:
- Added VMware vSphere 7.0 U2 support for CDP functionality.
- Addressed NSX-T interoperability issue with certain vCloud Director configurations.
- Repository friendly name cannot be set via REST API for the self-service backup portal management.
- Processing of vSphere VMs with certain special virtual hardware devices (like Watchdog Timer or Precision Clock) fails with “The specified type was not recognized” error.
- In certain backup job configurations, backups of machines no longer present in the environment can be deleted by the retention policy even if the “Remove deleted items after” checkbox is not selected in the advanced job settings.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: reduced load on vCloud Director servers when vCD-integrated tenants are used; returned support for the SkipLinuxAgentRemoval behavior modifier for Linux-based Cloud Connect repositories configured not to use the persistent data mover.
- Added VMware vSphere 7.0 U2 support including new vSphere API version awareness and virtual hardware version 19 compatibility. Note: CDP functionality is not yet supported with vSphere 7.0 U2 due to the I/O filter drivers signing infrastructure issue at VMware, support will be added in the next cumulative patch.
- Added support for VMware Distributed Switch (VDS) version 7.0 in VMware NSX-T 3.0 or later environments for VM restore operations.
- Archive Tier no longer requires minimum remaining storage time of at least 180 days for GFS backups offloaded to Amazon Glacier Deep Archive, as even when taking into account its early deletion fee, this storage class ends up being cheaper than Amazon Glacier regardless of the remaining storage time.
- Various product functionality should no longer outright refuse to work with pre-release builds of Windows 10 21H1 and Windows Server 2022 builds and will instead attempt to process them using the existing logic created for previous OS versions. This change does not constitute the official support for these platforms, which is planned for version 11a.
- Restoring a V10 configuration backup into a V11 backup server fails with the “Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PK_Credentials.Onsite’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘dbo.Credentials.Onsite’. The duplicate key value is (GUID)” error in upgrade logs for installations that had multiple Linux server with the same credentials registered at the time of Veeam Backup & Replication upgrade from version 6.5 to 7.0.
- Jobs do not start according to the schedule, get stuck in the Stopping state, or demonstrate other abnormal behavior due to the Watchdog service thread terminating abnormally in certain circumstances and thus no longer killing job sessions which did not have a chance to finish properly due to some external event.
- Backup from storage snapshots fails with the “Unknown plug-in: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” error due to the presence of rows with NULL host_id value in the configuration database table. Such rows can appear if you previously removed and re-added your primary storage to Veeam.
- VMware vCloud Director: vCD jobs may fail with the “VDDK error: 3 (One of the parameters was invalid)” error due to a conflict with the SkipCertificateCheck registry value; SQL Server transaction log backup jobs fail with the “Unable to cast object” error; vCD UI plug-in does not support deployments with more than 25 organizations.
- User interface: poor remote backup console responsiveness over high latency links; bottleneck statistics for the proxy component always shows zero load; console fails to load plug-ins when started under account without Local Admininstrator privileges; vSphere tags combination can now be used for CDP policies as well; backup server patch level is now displayed next to the build number.
- Self-service portals: SQL Server databases restore issue; job schedule settings changes not applying; incorrect tenant quota calculation.
- Direct restore to Amazon EC2: restore fails with the “The request must contain the parameter size or snapshotId” errors due to some recent API changes on the AWS side; temporary S3 bucket is not removed automatically following the restore.
- Object storage: ListBuckets API call is issued when registering an S3-compatible object storage repository even if a user does not browse for a bucket but rather specifies its name manually. This prevents bucket registration when the ListBuckets permission is missing from the account used to connect to the bucket.
- RMAN plug-in: addressed a number of issues in corner cases caused by overlapping backup sessions.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: various issues caused by attempting to reuse data movers which are unexpectedly no longer running; tenant backup copy jobs failures with the “Full point was not found” error during retention policy processing; licensing logic may start to impact VCC service availability if certain data set appears in the configuration database.
- Addressed a vulnerability in the deserialization logic of Microsoft .NET remoting. Veeam would like to thank Markus Wulftange from Code White for reporting the vulnerability and for his collaboration with the mitigation.
- Following the upgrade to V11, the retention policy may erroneously delete some of the monthly GFS backups before their retention expires. The issue only affects Backup Copy jobs which have their latest full backup corrupted.
- Applicable to Cloud Connect service providers’ infrastructure servers only: fix for the quartertly backups retention issue.
- Backup jobs appear to hang at 0KB on the hard disk reading step due to a race condition that may trigger on a very slow backup storage (usually when Windows deduplication is enabled). Potentially, any process that interacts with a backup file may hang when trying to open a backup file.
- After upgrading to V11 directly from version 9.5, incremental backup and replication runs take longer and produce larger increments than with previous versions for host-based processing of vSphere and Hyper-V VMs.
- Possible data loss with IBM storage snapshot integration due to a wrong LUN deleted during storage snapshot retention processing. This is caused by certain sequence of storage snapshot management operations outside Veeam resulting in a LUN with duplicate internal ID appearing on the storage.
- Veeam.Backup.Service.exe may crash under heavy load if the Snapshot Hunter processing runs into an unexpected issue with the stuck snapshot processing.
- When the scale-out backup repository Capacity Tier uses only the Copy policy, GFS backups will now be made immutable in hardened repository extents of the Performance Tier for the entire duration of their retention policy. Previously, GFS backups were only locked according to the hardened repository immutability settings to enable the Move policy to function correctly even when it was not enabled, making SOBR as a whole not compliant with certain WORM storage regulations.
If you have V11 GA build installed already, you can apply Cumulative Patch P20210525 using the following update package: